Monday, October 8, 2012

Friends - With Chandler's Dream AmE

1. Watch the video;
2. Write down the words as you hear them;
3. Check it with your teacher;
4. Practise saying the lines.


Before you watch the video:
1. Do you remember your dreams?
2. Have you had any weird dreams before?
3. What were they about?
4. Did you enjoy them or not? why?

Vocabulary/ definitions
(n) cafeteria / somewhere you go to eat
(n) high school / somewhere you go to learn
(adj) naked / someone who does not wear any clothes
(n) sweetie / informal word for dear
(n) throat / part of body
(n) intestine / the inside part of body
(n) mouth / on your face
(n) neck / part of body
(n) cookie / something you eat which is sweet/biscuit
(n) dream / when you sleep you see images / I dreamt I was on a/ with
(n) nightmare / when you are asleep you dream something bad/ I had a really bad nightmare




Speaking and Listening:
1. So I’m back in highschool standing in the middle of the cafeteria and I realise I am totally naked.
2. Then I look down and I realise there is a phone. There. - What is he talking about?
3. Instead of.. thats right! - instead of what? How does he sound/feel?
4. All of a sudden the phone starts to ring.
5. and it turns out its my mother.
6. Which is very, very weird because.
7. She never calls me.
8. This guy says ‘Hello’ I wanna kill myself.
9. You ok sweetie?
10. I just feel like someone reached down my throat and grabbed my small intestine
11. Pulled out of my mouth and tied it around my neck
12. Cookie?

No comments:

Post a Comment